Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Happy Birthday Pepper, Amy & Oreo!

Today it is only to reach 98F and heat index of 100F with lower humidity....thank goodness...we've had more than 2 weeks straight of 100+ temps during the day with it only dropping to the mid 80's at night and under a severe heat advisory for the past week...and bad air quality for the last couple of days....maybe it is gone now!  34 days since we last got any precipitation...after all the rain and flooding in May & June...we are now back in a drought situation....can this summer please end!  ROFLMBO!!  Sure am bitchy when it is too hot to go outside (cause I can't breathe that oppressive air) and with all the stagnation...allergies tried to kick my butt....however, I finally won after a couple of boxes of Kleenex and my clairitin and staying inside! We also had some electrical failures because of excessive use for AC during this past week or so....So, I have not been online very much at all and feel so "cut-off" from everyone! Now, you can LYBO!
Today would have been my brother's 56th birthday...so I created a Remembrance page for him using the Remembrance kit by CheyOkota and a photo of a very tired Pepper with his baby daughter, Sebrina!
Today is also my niece, Amy's, birthday who turns 26 today.  Here she is in a QP by Arlene from Kyra's kit Sunshine Smiles.  I took this photo in 2010 in Nashville, TN on our Ladies Road Trip.
And lastly here is Ms Oreo (looking at herself in the bathroom mirror) in a page using a kit by A Space Between called Birthday Wishes...She turns 10 today and is still my sweet Oreo Cookie!
Since it has been really hot and not using too much electricity...I have laundry to do and some cleaning in the house now that I feel better so guess I will get my hiney out of this chair and get busy.  Y'all have a great week making lots and lots and lots of memories to share.  Chat more later when there is something to talk about besides the hot weather....LOL! Hugs, Mat

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree, it seems like all we talk about these days is the weather. Most of the country has been hit pretty hard with extreme weather. Hopefully, this is not going to be our new norm. Although, I'm sure we can blame man for the climate changes.

    Your layouts are lovely. What a beautiful memory of your brother. He's only a couple years older than my daughter Kerri. They are just too young to be gone.

    We've had a few days of super temps mixed with a bit of much needed rain, and it has been super nice. Now the hot stuff is moving back in. Gosh, only another four or five weeks till Fall.

    My new cooking burner and pans arrived today, so I'll be busy playing with them for a few days until I get used to the induction cooking. Wish me luck!

    You have a super week, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, Summerweather is nice, but too ht isn';t good at all. Hopefully you will get some lower temperatures and may be sme rain.
    Today we have rather warm weather, but in the next days it will cool down again some.
    I was at heidi's today for a visit after her holiday. I think we covered all things in our chat LOL!
    Have a wonderful day and rest of the week.
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete