Sunday, November 6, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving to All of You!

As I sit here drinking my 3rd cup of coffee and reflecting on all I am thankful for, I decided to update my delinquent blog!  I am very thankful for my life, my fur babies, my family, my friends and all the awesome and very generous designers that share their talent with me. So, I want to take this opportunity (in case I have told you before) to wish you and yours a most wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving! I hope God shines his grace on you and your family this day and always! I'm also sending all of you a big hug! (This is a QP I created for Miriam's Scraps using a "Thankful" circle from Marisa Lerin at Pixel Scrapper).  The Scarecrow photo was a selfie from last May.
I have been busy being a lazy bum....LMBO....yes, I have been binge watching some TV, been winterizing my home inside and out, finishing up with all my medical checklist for the year, trying to get ahead of the Christmas holiday by purchasing and mailing off some packages early, creating some of these gifts too (since the budget always seems to be tight this time of year because of house insurance and taxes) relaxing by coloring and/or scrapping or reading and generally goofing off! I surely do love retirement! Of course, all the fur kids just had to have a hand with helping me! Especially with getting all their beds freshly washed and litterboxes all cleaned!
Last Sunday was my sister Penny's birthday....so I created a couple of special pages for her on Facebook!
The first is a photo of her sometime back in the late 70's or early 80's in a frame that I doubled and layered that was created by Neli at Lugar Encantado Da Neli...she is so very generous with offerings for free daily on her site...give her a visit...you will NOT be disappointed! Thankful for you and your friendship Neli!
Then I did this one of her that Maggie sent when she took the photo in Penny's office.  She is holding her oldest (Hayden) and youngest (Wayne) grandchild in her lap.  I just adore the red nose! The page was created using several kits from Kyra at With A Russian-Dutch Heart. The border is a free gift from Snickerdoodle at Digital Scrapbooking Studio.  Kyra, too, gives very freely of her talents with marvelous kits and special treats from her CT Arlene! Kyra and Arlene, so very thankful for you and especially your friendships!
 This page I just had to create! While scanning some albums and photos (Photomyne) I ran across the b/w photo of Penny (about 1961) and noticed the remarkable similarities of her and child Amy and her granddaughters Annabeth and Eliza.  What do you think?  Amy just adores the page that was a freebie offered by Katalin Thurzo at 7szindizajn, I love this free QP.
I also HAD to create this page for my sister Kathy....she is looking a lot better here lately! I am really thankful for that, I love you sis! I can't find where I wrote the information down on this QP, so will have to get back with you a little later, but she loves purple and orange and this QP fit the bill for both! LMBO!
This page I created for Veteran's Day to post on FB to thank all those that have served in the military! Of course, there is no way I can list them all because there are way too many. The photo is of my mother's brother, Worley Frank Dugger, who was killed in Luxembourg on Christmas Day 1944.  The page was created using freebies from Digital Scrapbooking Studio!
I think this all I can share right now, there are others, but they are surprises for Christmas and will have to be shared at a later date!
The lawn folks were by yesterday, sharpening up the edges, mowing, and leaf gathering so that all will look nice for Thanksgiving! My fur kids have all been wiped clean, fed and played with (loved on too) and are all sacked out, with one lying on top of my hand as I try typing this....my little man, Sideways (otherwise known as Bubba)....He got up when I tried to snap the photo, isn't this sweet? I desaturated the photo so you could see how gorgeous he is...he is sitting above my keyboard.  I used a couple of clusters from A-Manda Creations' Blue jean collection and Brendas Scrap Designs Christmas glitter paper and the grunge overlay is from Carin Grobe Designs at DSS
OK...so I got distracted and stepped away for a bit, but am back now to finish what I started at 7 a.m. (It is now 10:30).  I want to thank all the designers I have not mentioned in this post...keep an eye out for when I do post something of yours that I used and if I haven't given you proper credit, let me know as I will correct that as soon as I can...I adore all of you and appreciate so very, very much all you share!
Weather is a little nippy but is supposed to warm to 65F and the wind is to quieten down too! Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous...so, with that, I will say chat later, have a very Happy Thanksgiving and make sure ou make lots and lots of memories to share! hugs, Mat


2 comments:

  1. Very happy Thanksgiving to you!
    If we really think about it, we have still lots to be thankful for, but we often don;t realize it. We only do if we compare to others and certainly to people in parts of the world where they really almost have nothing and are in aweful circumstances.
    You sound a lot better after you had the result of the medical and I am so happy about that
    let's keep it that way, okay??
    Going to try to post on my blog a bit later, so all news will be there(or more or less LOL).
    enjoy the free time, the relaxing, your furr babies and all.
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Thanksgiving Day was as wonderful as ours was. Pogo and I had a super day. Your scrap pages are wonderful. Now it's time to get busy with finishing the Christmas shopping and wrapping.

    I've just finished my last afghan for this year, and now I can get them all wrapped. It's funny, but now that the afghans are finished, my hands feel rather empty because they are not busy with yarn.

    Last night, Pogo discovered that he likes cheese cake. My daughter made me one for Thanksgiving, and Pogo kept looking at it until I gave him some.

    Today is a rather gloomy day outside, so I think I'll do a bit of wrapping while I watch TV. You have an awesome day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete