Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Happy 2017 Y'all!

Yes, I know I should have posted this about 17 days ago, but for one reason or another, I haven't been able to sit at my computer long enough! First off, the holidays were hectic (with lots of clean up to do) and then we had gorgeous weather so spent some time outside doing a few projects, then it got incredibly cold (x 2 days) before spring came back around. Checked on all my plants that I put inside to protect from the freeze, wrong....they all froze anyhow! New Year's day I spent cooking for myself and an ill and shut in friend (pulled pork, black eye peas, steamed cabbage, cornbread).
Then I came down with a case of bronchitis that left me dragging and not wanting to post...then my 93 yr old neighbor had another mini stroke...my renters had family members visiting....we had another round of freezing temps (x4 days this time) even a light dusting of snow and again spring came back by and yet another round of bronchitis (Mountain Cedar was horrible), this time sending me to the doctor's office. I've also been doing a family tree for another friend and trying to visit with her and lots of phone calls with my sister or my niece, tree trimming with a lot of clean up, bad storms with lots of wind and rain (3.9 inches) (some flooding) and 6 tornadoes, the Cowboys losing to my second favorite team the Packers and, and, and....blah, blah, blah...you know how it is...I was simply lazy and didn't want to do it! Go ahead laugh at me, but...I am so enjoying this being retired and not having to account for my time (or get dressed)! LOVING IT REALLY!
This is a birthday page I created for Miss Ruby who turned 8 on the 31st of December. Purple is her favorite color!

This was a collage of the Christmas pages I created to say Happy New Year! Can you believe it is already over half way into January?
I did a couple of pages for Amy of her girls using a QP I created....aren't they cute?
Then had to do one for Papa and Mimi of their 5 grand babies. If you look closely at the ones on Papa's lap, Wayne is lying on a sleeping Hayden. They are simply growing too fast!
 Today is my SIL's, Inez, big day and I had found this photo from 1979 of her with Kathy's Jason and Jeff on her lap and the neighbor boy, Dewayne Preas that I put in a QP by Miriam and posted on FB for her!
Okay, the washer has quit and I need to put the load in the dryer, so think I will cut this short and chat with y'all later, I need to do some blog reading, (if I can stay awake) because I am so behind! Anyhow, we are supposed to get more rain this afternoon and most of the evening. I have been up since about 2:45 a.m. and am beginning to drag...trying to stay up and not nap so I can try to kick this insomnia in the butt....LMBO!! Y'all have a fantastic week and keep making all those memories to share. Hugs, Mat


1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I know how time just slips by when we are retired. But that's okay. Your layouts are beautiful. Sorry that your plants froze, but maybe they'll come back with a little tlc. We're having a bit of light rain last night and today. We need it though. And, it is so much nicer than mounds of snow!! haha.

    I've been busy preparing for my taxes and planning ahead for a trip to Florida with Pogo. Now that is going to be fun!!

    Don't worry about keeping schedules with your blog. Enjoy your fur babies and your family. Time is a gift. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete