Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day!

Can't believe I am not keeping up this blog any better than I am. I just DO NOT KNOW where the time goes anymore, seems like I was just in here typing away just a few days ago! Lots of scrapping being done AND some necessary rearranging and backing up of files and removing old stuff off my computer so it can keep on ticking....It had gotten so very slow because it was so FULL! Now is running much better, but I still have some more organizing of my scrapbooking stuff to do! I'm enjoying that as it has been toooooooo HOT and HUMID to be doing anything out of doors for me!  We have been under a heat advisory since Thursday with the index at 105 F or above all those days, supposedly by this evening we are to get a break and drop 2 degrees below our normal high of 92F LOL! But it will make a difference if it pushes the humidity out!
Here are the Father's Day pages I created for this year! I am wishing all of you father's out there a most wonderful and enjoyable day ahead!
First up is for my Daddy who left us in 1998....this is the only photo that I know of that has both Kathy and I (and hubbies) and Ruth's 3 daughters as well as his only 2 grandsons. Taken in Johnson City, TN in 1982 I think! Left to right is Linda/Charlie, Kathy (hiding)/Jim (Jeff/Jason in front), Ruth/Daddy, Me/Fuzzy, Linda/Martha.
This was for Kathy's husband Jim, I created this layout of pages I had previously made to create a 18x18 pillow for him from Collage.com.  He loved it, says it is super soft! He likes that he can see all his family on it!
This was for Penny's husband, Weymond.  He also got a pillow of his family, his wife, 3 kids and 5 grandkids. What else can you give a man who has all he needs?
This is Kathy's oldest, Jason, with his 3 kids at 6 Flags...Just adore the photo, thanks to Christina for sharing it. the frame and the cluster are freebies from Kimeric Kreations.
Penny's son, Lance shares his tractor with all 3 of his kiddos...LOL....Calvin, Hayden & Wayne all love to ride on it with him. The cluster is also from Kimeric Kreations.
And Penny's daughter, Amy's husband Michael spending downtime with his daughters, Annabeth & Eliza...the cute cluster is from Kimeric Kreations.
And just as a RAK for my sister-in-law Inez's hubby Larry! They just moved back to Texas from 15 years in Massachusetts! This is with his daughter Pamela (who lives here in TX). This page created using freebies from Miriam's Scraps.
On the 15th I did another RAK memory page for BIL-Gene- who celebrated his 86th birthday! Created this page using the freebie Happy Birthday kit I received for My Birthday from the awesome crew of designers at Digital Scrapbooking Studio.
The 9th as a special "Pick Me Up" RAK for the birthday of Kathy's dearest friend Ruth (who just lost her husband at the end of May) and her lovely little (mini-me) granddaughter, Janet, I created this page to celebrate her birthday! Will give credit for the template when I find it again....LOL!
This Memorial Day page was created for a fraction of my family and friends that have served. I appreciate ALL our military personnel.
The 10th of June was a 19th celebration of Kathy's youngest son, Jeff and his bride Tiff, of their wedding vows. They were in Alaska on vacation, having a blast! 
Amy's FIL, Tony, stopped by to see his lovely granddaughter's and to eat his birthday cake they made him, while Amy took photos, soooooo you know I HAD to make a memory page for all of them. Thanks Neli for the awesome freebie QP.
The 27th of May was my sister Kathy's 68th birthday, this page has her favorite color and her sophomore high school photo. Another frame freebie from Neli.
Golly, I have made a lot of pages, but I really have a lot of fun doing this when my hands and neck will allow. Amy, Maggie & Christina keep me supplied with current photos of all the great nieces/nephews and I really appreciate that. I am terribly behind on some of them. Here are a couple I did for Amy since my last blog post.
Eliza turned 2 on the 22nd of May and I still have all her photos from her birthday party to scrap. Got to make time...but now, my bum is tired from sitting here, the clothes dryer has stopped so need to fold clothes, add another load and get ready for the NASCAR races...yep, my guilty pleasure on Sundays. All my fur babies are gathered around me at the computer...look at these photos!
 Misty in sunshine, Bubba (Sideways) on my right.

 MzKitty above my keyboard.
 Oreo and Pumpkin on the floor in a patch of sunlight. Please ignore the messy room, this is where we spend a lot of time and it is lived in...LMBO!
That's all for this post, chat again soon I hope. Love to all and make this a very memorable day making lots of memories to share! Hugs, Mat












2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how quickly time passes by us while we're busy having fun doing something? I have that same problem. But, we're lucky. We're retured!

    Your new layouts are all beautiful. Those pillows sound gorgeous too. What great gifts!

    It seems that each year the warm seasons get so much warmer. We get to spend less time outdoors. I can't imagine how the animals do it!

    Well, now I'm going to sit out on my little porch for a while before it gets too hot. You have a fabulous day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for beaing here so late. We all have some problem with time. In the morning i am getting started real slow, but i love it when it is quiet and i have my morning tea and watch some tv and have a bite. Then Jan gets up and we have our coffee, then often it is time for some groverie shopping, Then I like to prepare already for dinner, so that it is ready quickly, then some housework always waits to be done, so very little time left for the computer nowadays LOL.
    I do try to check my mail, which I just can manage, hahaha, but then perhaps read one or two blogs, or I do a bit of designing and that's it.
    Already one hour passed by then as if it were 10 minutes.
    Today we have not such great weather, cloudy, windy, and temps dropped almost 8-10degrees! I guess you would be happy with it for a while, but the change is just to radical overhere at times.
    Glad you have fun with all the layouts you can make and all your furr babies around you, wonderful!
    Stay safe dear lady, thanks for always passing by on my blog!
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete