Monday, April 26, 2010

Busy, busy, busy weekend

We had a busy weekend around here. Got the yard mowed, the Tahoe under the carport, all things buttoned down before the severe storms were to come in on Friday night. Thank goodness they did not actually come through here, but just south and east of us a lot of wind damage and a small tornado and some lightning and some loss of power, but then the storms moved on and gained too much power as it left our state. Feel so badly for all the damages and loss of lives in and around Yazoo, Mississippi where it hit the hardest. It also dropped lots of rain delaying the races in Talladega on Saturday too, but what a fabulous race they had on Sunday! I don't think I missed very much of it. My boss and her granddaughter Maithili came by about 10 and stayed for a couple of hours. First time I had seen her since birth. She is just the cutest thing and was totally captivated by my "girls", even chasing them under the bed...LOL! I took a couple of photos of her too. On Saturday I put 4 book cases together to organize some of my photo/scrap albums and materials in the closet of the computer room and emptied up 6 more boxes...yipee, now I can close the closet doors! It looks a lot neater in there too! During the race yesterday, I put together a small media case to hold the DVD's and emptied another box. Slowly but surely getting them all emptied. I made a page of Maithili, one of Hayden with her Papa and another using a template (still not sure I am using them correctly) and Lynne's newest kit. Then I watched the Apprentice and went to bed to read. Up again about 5:30....seems like this weekend just flew by! Hope you all had a great one and are all fresh and ready for a terrific week. I will be getting all my wash done, the house cleaned and start my packing. Yep, taking a little break on the 5th as I head to Georgia for Amy's & Michael's wedding. Get to spend Mother's Day with Penny too! Will be back home on the 11th! Will take loads of photos of Hayden that I will NOT have to steal off Margaret's Facebook site! Whatever you do today, make it memorable and have fun at it! Chat with ya more later! Luv y'all! Mat This is Maithili! Look at all that curly hair! I used Miss Linda's wordart and a Cluster by Ellen using RR kit.I got this photo off Margaret's Facebook of Hayden with her Papa in the yard. I used the kit A Comfy Spring Day by Teapot Lady on this one.These were also snitched of Hayden...LOL! I used template5 by huguytom120 (RR CT Team) and Pretty Potties kit by LCD (Lynneboo on SBF), the WA was a freebie from Craft Crave but with no TOU sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment