Friday, September 9, 2011

Still Dry, Dry, Dry...but lovely temps now!

Wow, when the triple digit temps finally broke (1 day shy of the record for 1980), it brought such lovely cool weather that we are all rejoicing in. Now if it would just rain to stop all the wildfires and loss of homes. More than 600 homes to date and new fires breaking out daily. So far, the closest to the Metroplex area (Dallas-DFW-Ft.Worth areas) has been about 50 miles on the east, 70 miles on the west, 40 miles to the north and now 90 miles to the south. I have opened all my windows (washed them too!) and my doors each day until the smoke starts to invade. I am only using the AC now for a couple of hours in the late afternoon....yippee! I can certainly empathize with all those in the northeast that are experiencing so much flooding. Too much of anything is not always a good thing. Loss of property and lives no matter how (fire, flood, tornado, earthquake...etc), is not a good thing!
For two days, I was trapped in my home because they repaved the court I reside on and then the street out front the next day....LOL! looks good and the smoothness of the road is certainly better~so I scrapped a bit. Here is what I came up with. A couple of pages of my girls....LOL....what else...right? I really like the new Apple Freebie by Raspberry Road Designs...check these out!The wordart is by Miss Linda too, thanx Linda, thanx Susan for the kit and Ellen for the cluster. This wordart is by Marlene and the bits are by Ellen and the kit by Susan at RRD. This kit is a freebie from Scrappiness Downunder.This is an older layout, don't remember who's, and an older photo I have used before, but only one I have of me and all 3 "girls"!
I wish a terrific weekend for all of you, enjoy it no matter what! I am so happy Football is back, did you see that exciting game last evening? The Packers did a terrific job keeping those Saints at bay! DaBOYS play on Sunday in NY against the Jets. Let's all remember the 9-11 tragedy on Sunday too! Cannot believe it has been 10 years already! Do you remember what you were doing when it happened? Keep all those that are still suffering, as well as our NATION, in your prayers! Well, gotta head out of here, going to get this mangy head of hair cut this morning....LOL! Have a good one, enjoy your loved ones! I'll chat more later! Luv, Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment