Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Learning new techniques....

Goes to show you are never too old to learn new things, I've actually had time to sit and watch a few Photoshop tutorials and tried my hand and some of them. Still trying to perfect, but here are a few samples of what I did on Monday! This is my "other sister" Nina's lovely granddaughter Brittany.
Here's the original photo!
Here I made a mask, then put her on a canvas!
Then I framed her in a freebie frame by Marijja! (This is lovely when not compressed so much)

Then I turned her into an oil painting and re framed in a frame from Miriam!
If you click on the photos to enlarge them, they are clearer!....Not sure which I prefer the best, but Nina loves the one on canvas in the antique frame by Marijja! Which one do you prefer? All I know is I had fun with trying out the new techniques.

Well, today is a work day, so must get busy. Thanks for stopping by! Chat more with y'all next time! Hugs, Mat :)




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mat! I'm an oldster trying to learn new PS techniques, too. Brittany is a lovely girl, and I agree that the oil painting is better for her photo. I would probably like it in Marijja's frame if I could see it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think with a canvas overlay it looks nice, but perhaps you could try to use a bit finer canvas, or perhaps not at 100% ?
    I often am not patient enough to try out, specially when I cannot have the result fast enough. Yeah, hopeless LOL.
    But sometimes I order myself to be more patient and it sometimes helps.
    Still it is a good thing to try some new techniques once in a while.
    Have fun and a wonderful day and rest of the week!
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you are able to try new things in photoshop. I like the oil painting effect best. I am constantly trying to learn new things in this wonderful program. It certainly does help to make photography so much more exciting. I'm at work, so gotta go. You have a wonderful night. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete