Saturday, January 31, 2015

Crazy Winter!

I know what you are thinking...really I do! ROFL! We have been on the worst roller coaster ride ever this winter! On Wednesday we had 84F, almost tied a long standing record for warmest January day (85F) then Thursday it was 60F, Friday it was 54F, today the winds and some very, very much needed soaking light rain and 48F.  By Monday morning we are to be in the 20's again. So many people are sick with the flu and colds.  I know we could be worse, like the storms that have hit the Northeast....but this is just so out of the realm of winter, even for Texas! Just WEIRD...WEIRD...WEIRD!!
Well, another week of working for my CPA...beginning to get a little busier now that most all have received their W2's, 1099's, 1095A's....etc! His office will be cracking the whip for this month!  I have an appointment with my Ophthalmologist on the 4th to do pre-op and give me all the low down  for my first cataract surgery on the 13th. Then if all goes well will do the second one on the 27th.  Will be glad when it is all over with, tired of closing one eye to focus...! I keep telling people I am not winking at you!! LOL!
Got all my grocery shopping done for the month, cat food and bird seed all stocked up...just need to pick up some litter and all my critters will be taken care of.  I've washed, dried and put away 4 loads of clothes, cleaned the bathrooms, and vacuumed, but not dusted yet....my "bunnies" are still playing until tomorrow!  I wanted to sit and do some scrapping using Miriam's awesome "Mini Kit" 18 that she shared this week. If you haven't seen it, go take a look...it is a huge, huge kit with overlays, elements, clusters, papers, frames and QPs as well as bookmarks, cards, envelopes and boxes.  I made a couple ploppers (clusters with frames to plop onto a background) some QPs too that I will be sharing on her site next week, but you get to view a couple now with some photos of mine. Meet my newest fur babies...Misty & Sideways.  I made a double page layout for my Fur Baby Scrapbook. Sideways is the only male in my house...LOL....he had really weak back legs when I brought him in and is so uncoordinated and walks/runs sideways, thus his name.  He has a sight problem too, but Misty helps him a lot, I can't separate them so it was hard to find a home for both of them...they are mine now.
  
Here's another QP I created with the kit....I used a photo from the internet of hunky Craig Wayne Boyd, the singer that won The Voice-Season 7 pushing Blake Shelton to win over Adam Levine again.  Can't wait for the new season.
Are you ready for the Super Bowl?  I am really looking forward to it since we are supposed to have rain all night and into tomorrow morning...I am hoping to sleep in a bit.  Then I think I will make a good meal so I will not do my normal snacking during the game...ROFLMBO! Well, Sideways is telling me he is hungry so I think I will stop for now, go feed my babies, put on my pjs and watch a couple of things I DVR'd during the week....y'all have a marvelous week ahead making lots and lots and lots of memories to share! Hugs, Mat







6 comments:

  1. I think all over the weather is acting a bit weird.
    Happy that soon you will have your operation and hopefully after some recovery time you will be able to see better again. Must be frustrating to look around with one eye only.
    Your two fur-babies are awesome and so sweet.
    Tomorrow I will get more active again, doing some phonecalls and also some housework, really need to do that. Can't believe we are in February again. well, as Edna counted there aren't nut about 50 days till Spring. Can't wait till it arrives LOL!
    You have a great Sunday, nice and warm in your pyjama's.
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your new fur babies are beautiful! You are so good to them. I couldn't separate these two babies either. Your layouts are wonderful.

    I'm glad that you're finally getting some rain. If I could, I'd ship all this snow to you. It would melt and fill your reservoir.

    We are getting ready to setting in and do battle with Storm Linus. Gosh, I don't know where we will put all this snow. I hope Spring gets here soon.

    You stay warm and hug the kitties. Have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mat, this is the first I've seen of the new blog. Shame on me. I'll be back often and I look for the clusters & Qpages you make for Miriam's kits. My filing system is to put all the kit in one file, even the QPs made by some one else. I usually give credit to the designer but sometimes I forget (at 75 I can). If I ever forget to put your name on anything just sent me a nasty gram and I'll fix it. I love the new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mat, this is the first I've seen of the new blog. Shame on me. I'll be back often and I look for the clusters & Qpages you make for Miriam's kits. My filing system is to put all the kit in one file, even the QPs made by some one else. I usually give credit to the designer but sometimes I forget (at 75 I can). If I ever forget to put your name on anything just sent me a nasty gram and I'll fix it. I love the new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bom dia, minha querida amiga Mat!
    Muito obrigada pela sua visita!
    Você sempre diz palavras doces e gentis que enternecem o meu coração.
    Como eu já disse : amo seus comentários!
    Espero que o inverno não esteja trazendo desconforto para você e que a primavera chegue logo.
    Como foi sua cirurgia de catarata? Eu já fiz essa cirurgia há muitos anos.
    Querida amiga, desejo um domingo lindo e uma semana maravilhosa para você!
    Abraços, Neli.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, my dear friend Matt!
    Thank you for your visit!
    You always say sweet and kind words that soften my heart.
    As I said, love your comments!
    I hope the winter is not bringing discomfort to you and that spring comes soon.
    How was your cataract surgery? I've done this surgery many years ago.
    Dear friend, I wish a beautiful Sunday and a wonderful week for you!
    Hugs, Neli.

    ReplyDelete