Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hello All!

It has been awhile since I have been here to blog...can't believe it is already the 24th of January either!  Time is passing so fast!  I am hoping you haven't had a lot of really bad weather where you are.  We have had more than usual cold, cold, cold days with lots of high winds that cuts like a knife, but we have been rather dry too! We normally have a day or two of cold then a warm up, then cold a couple of days and back to a warm up all winter, but this year the cold, gray, windy days come and stayed about 6 days before a warm up of a day then another attack of cold.  This past Wednesday evening and all day Thursday brought us some very much needed soaking rain...it was very nice (except I had my car washed on Tuesday...LOL!).
I started a job on Monday the 19th....just a fill in receptionist answering phones and scheduling appointments...for my CPA's office for 3 months (minus the days I need off for my cataract surgeries) for some extra cash and to help them out. I am enjoying it for the most part, but sure was hard this week getting up and getting dressed and out the door on a schedule....LOL! Being retired and going at your own pace can make you lazy...ROFL!  My fur babies had a rough time adjusting to me being gone each day too!
I slept in a bit this morning and then decided to read and clear out e-mails and of course I had to make a few pages to share here.  I just sent my blog for 2014 to be printed...so got to make sure I have some posts to start on my 2014 book.  If you have never had your blog printed, you should try one...it is a terrific way to journal your memories to leave behind...I love looking back through mine and remembering the scrapped pages and events from 2008 until now. I also have had many nice comments from friends that have looked through them. Well, here's what I've been doing while washing clothes today!
Mr. Calvin was driving with his daddy in the John Deere so when I found this QP by AuntyM Designs I just HAD to put the photo in it....thanks Maggie for posting the photo. My sister Penny's grandchildren.
This is pretty Miss "Glamour Girl" Hayden in a page I created using several different designers...the frame is by Neli at Lugar Encatado da Neli the background paper (recolored) is by my friend Kyra at With A Russian Dutch Heart and the wordart is by sweet Miss Boots at Random Thoughts at Linda's Place  Check out some of these very generous designers as they give away lots of gorgeous freebies for scrapbooking!
My niece Amy's little "Star" Annabeth in her sun shades...the QP is one I had used before in it's original color and I decided to change the color and use again...this one is by Linda at Random Thoughts at Linda's Place too!
This is my brother's only child...My sweet niece Sebrina in a pretty frame created by my friend Neli at Lugar Encatado da Neli.  She has at least 2 and sometimes 3 frames each and every day that she gives us!
This page I created from a free Thank You kit by Arlene at Baby Bear Digital Scrap  This is Jason & Christina with their 3 kids, Jade, Ruby and Jayson (Bud), my sister Kathy's oldest son!
This is a free QP I made using some kits by Miriam that you can grab at Miriam's Scraps. She has a new AWESOME kit for free at her site if you want to visit her.
Well, guess I have rambled long enough...I think my dryer just stopped so must go fold or hang up some clothes and put another load in...chat more with you next time...OK! Have a wonderful weekend and week ahead making lots and lots of memories to share.  Hugs, Mat






8 comments:

  1. Querida amiga Mat,boa noite!
    É sempre muito bom receber sua visita no meu blog e ler suas doces palavras, minha amiga.
    Esta semana tenho passado o dia na casa de minha neta, pois meu marido está viajando e só volto para casa à noite.
    Espero que o inverno e o frio não sejam muito rigorosos aí e que haja um dia de sol às vezes.
    Seus posts ficaram lindos e sua família é adorável.
    Vou dormir agora, pois estou com sono.
    Um fim de semana muito lindo e feliz para você, querida amiga, para sua família também.
    Abraços, Neli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it asks some adapting to get into a straight schedule again for work! But it is nice you can help out and also get some extra money. I would love to do some work like this, could be with some light administrative work, but almost impossible to get one. Too many people without work and then age is considered, even if they say they don;t count that.
    We've had some cold days too, now again rising temperatures, around 5-7 C but it already makes a big difference. Not sure it will stay long this way, but crossing fingers.
    Some lovely pages you've made, oh and thanks for mentioning Arlene's blog.
    Well, I will try now after some blogreading to make the preview from a new kit I almost finished yesterday.
    Have to keep up things as much as possible.
    Till next time
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layouts! Do you mind if I post the one you made with my kit on my blog?
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mind at all...I thank you for your generosity in sharing your beautiful talent!

      Delete
  4. translated by Google....
    Dear friend Matt, good night!
    It's always great to receive your visit on my blog and read your sweet words, my friend.
    This week I have spent the day at the home of my granddaughter because my husband is traveling and only come home at night.
    I hope the winter and the cold are not very strict there and there is a sunny day sometimes.
    Your posts were beautiful and his family is lovely.
    I'll sleep now because I'm sleepy.
    A close very lovely week and happy for you, dear friend, for your family too.
    Hugs, Neli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you were able to find some part time work, even if it is only for a few months. Every little bit will help. We've been in a cold snap for a while now, and lately snow is making an appearance. This next storm is threatening to dump as much as two feet of the white stuff over the next couple of days. Oh goodie!!

    It's good to see you back blogging. Your new layouts are beautiful. I agree with you about the blog books. I have them going back to the beginning of 2008. I think they are a fabulous way of leaving a bit of one's self behind for family.

    You have a great week, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Querida amiga Mat, boa tarde!
    Amo suas visitas e seus comentários, suas palavras sempre tão gentis me comovem, amiga.
    Você é uma pessoa impar, sempre encontrando um tempo para visitar os amigos e fazer um carinho em seus corações!
    Para você, querida amiga e para sua família também, um fim de semana maravilhoso, cheio de luz e calor!
    Abraços, Neli.

    ReplyDelete
  7. translated by Google....

    Dear friend Matt, good afternoon!
    Love your visits and your comments, your words always so kind move me, friend.
    You are an odd person, always finding time to visit friends and do a fondness in their hearts!
    For you, dear friend and his family also a wonderful weekend, full of light and heat!
    Hugs, Neli.

    ReplyDelete