Thursday, June 4, 2015

R.I.P. Aunt Ruby

I received news yesterday that my sweet Aunt Ruby passed away on Tuesday at the age of 90!  She had a large roll in my early years of growing up with being shuffled back and forth between my separated parents and my grandmother.  Her children were born around the same time as my sister, Kathy and I.  We all lived in the same housing project in Johnson City, TN.  She is the last one of my father's generation, leaving us now the older generation. She was always sweet to me and corresponded with me via letters and cards up until about a year ago.  I was distressed when I got a card at Christmas from her granddaughter that she had to be placed in a home with constant care.  I will certainly miss her lively and chatty letters that always came with the quotation "Life is Fragile-Handle with Prayer".  I know she is rejoicing in heaven at the wonderful reunion with her loved ones up there.  She was a great mother of four,  grandmother of seven, great grandmother of eight, aunt to several and will be greatly missed, but lives on in our hearts! Rest in Peace sweet Aunt Ruby, you deserve it! Love you dearly!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like such a wonderful, loving person. It's good that you have so many fond memories.

    In my family, my generation are the "oldies" now. Seems funny to be thought of as the "elders".

    I'm slowly getting back on my feet finally. It sure feels good. Yesterday, a trip to the post office, and today will be a trip to the grocery store.

    I hope your weather is still nice. You have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Matt, for your loss of such a beautiful person.
    Good you have so many wonderful and sweet and good memories of her to carry in your heart and mind.
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete