Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Farewell Jimmie


June 11, 1937-January 4, 2009

My friend Jimmie passed away on the 4th from COPD complications. She and her husband Russell were motorcycling and camping buddies (since 1993). We loved to go for BBQ dinners together and were daily e-mail communicators. Jimmie was totally deaf and had some problems with relating to others that were too impatient with having to speak slowly (and many times repeating) so that she could read lips. She loved riding on that motorcycle with Russell. She had the best sense of humor (she loved to harass Mike when we camped) and when she finally learned how to use e-mail, we shared many jokes daily. She was also an animal(cat of her own)lover and loved my photos of my "girls". She had come to our home shortly after we found MzKitty, then again shortly after Pumpkin adopted us. Even though she was ill and mostly confined to home the last 6 months or so, she was determined to see our new home. I am so happy she got to visit us in November. She had a terrific Christmas with all her children (4), grandchildren (5) and great grandchildren (9)and to see in 2009! My last e-mail from her is dated 1-2-09 wishing me a wonderful New Year. I will miss you dearly Jimmie, but I know you are now able to breathe easier and hear the birds and angels and communicate with your family in heaven. Thanx for watching over us from above. Mike and I extend our sympathies to your husband of 28 yrs, Russell, all your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, your sisters and brother and your multitude of friends.!

No comments:

Post a Comment