Thursday, January 29, 2009

Icicles Galore


Man, awoke early for my surgery to find the ice storm really did get here, dropping 1/4 to 1/2 inch of freezing rain during the night. The temperature stood at 19 degrees with a wind chill of 9 degrees. Our back drive and patio looked like a skating rink, as did the street out front. It took about 30 minutes to get the car doors open, then another 30 minutes of defrosting with lots of scraping to get the ice off enough to see. It took 45 minutes to drive the 6 treacherous miles to the surgicenter. It got to about 30 degrees during the day (not much melting)then back to 25 this morning with freezing fog. But this afternoon it was 58 degrees as I came home from work and will be 70 degrees by Saturday. This Texas weather sure is crazy. I know all of you that live north of us think this is nothing, but believe me....it brings everything to a standstill around here. All the schools were closed and the government offices delayed opening until 10 a.m., but not the surgicenter, they started at 7 a.m. as usual. The doctor did a Rhizotomy of 3 of my lumbar discs (both sides) and an injection to the left SI joint. Joy, Joy, Joy, I am free of lower back pain, now if we can just get this bursitis out of the right shoulder, I will feel like a new person. I might even feel up to riding on the motorcycle again. I sure hope so as I miss the rides we used to take. I get another deep massage on the arm tomorrow hoping to hurry this along to recovery. I thank all of you for your concern and prayers. Just wanted to make a page of the icicles hanging from the roof (as we so seldom see them). My girls curled up and stayed close together to stay warm all day yesterday and today. I used CJS' kit called Baby It's Cold Outside for this photo I took yesterday morning as we were trying to open the frozen car doors. LOL! More later y'all! Luv, Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment